3. helmikuuta 2017

20 ways to practice self-care


I love being busy. I always make sure I have million things going on at once and though I really enjoy this kind of life it can still be quite stressful. Working too much even if it's all only fun stuff can still burn you out so it's important to remember to take care of your mental health.

I've come to realize over the past years that relaxing always the same way with the same activity is not that beneficial to me. Doing something so much that it becomes almost a routine takes a lot of the relaxing power out of that activity.

I've noticed that I feel most relaxed after doing something that I don't do everyday or week or even a month. Breaking that habit and doing something different every time to take care of my mental health has definitely been the way to go.

20 ways to practice self-care

So instead of always relaxing by watching tv for example try to mix it up and try different kinds of relaxation methods to find the ones that work best for you. I would recommend having several different ways to relax and take care of your mental and physical well being and then take turns on them. This way those moments that you do take for yourself won't just fly by on autopilot.

I've listed down below 20 different ways to practice self-care. All things that I really enjoy doing. I hope you find something that appeals to you and I urge you to try at least few different ways to relax from this list.

20 ways to practice self-care:

  1. Do yoga
  2. Meditate
  3. Take a day off
  4. Have a bubble bath
  5. Go out for a walk
  6. Go to a coffee shop
  7. Watch your favorite TV-shows or movies
  8. Dance to your favorite music
  9. Watch the sunset
  10. Write in your journal
  11. Read a book
  12. Do something creative: paint, color, draw, write, play an instrument etc.
  13. Read inspirational quotes
  14. Create a dream board
  15. Do a puzzle
  16. Buy yourself flowers
  17. Call someone you love
  18. Learn something new
  19. Do something for the first time
  20. Have a beauty day

Let me know in the comments below what are some of YOUR favorite ways to practice self-care!

FOLLOW ME:
 Kata

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Jokainen kommentti piristää päivääni! ♥